Saturday, March 30, 2013

your Warriors name

So my daughter is really into this feral-cat book series called Warriors. Today she dragged me over to the computer so I could generate my Warriors name from an app on their website. You enter your first name and your hometown, and it will generate your cat Warrior name.

"What's my hometown?" I asked. "Where I live? Where I grew up?"

My other daughter showed up at that point.

"We used where we were born, so it would be different," they answered.

We started playing with it and found that it is a very simple mapping. It only looks at the first letter of name and hometown.

a->Hawk
a->fire

b->Tangle
b->claw

c->Wild
c->talon

d->Swift
d->eyes

Thus Amelia from Dover would be called Hawkeyes

e->Rain
e->fur

f->Thorn
f->tail

g->Fuzzy
g->mask

h->Mud
h->face

i->Loud
i->storm

j->Bramble
j->foot

k->Moss
k->ears

l->Leopard
l->pelt

m->Scar
m->nose

Max from Hudson would be "Scarface".

n->Bright
n->heart

o->Running
o->belly

p->Sand
p->shadow

q->Dawn
q->flower

r->Ice
r->breath

s->Spotted
s->path

t->Rock
t->legs

This isn't a good way to do it. Sisters often share first initials. Tammy and Tracy from Newton would both be "Rockheart".

u->Red
u->sky

v->Mouse
v->pool

w->Tiger
w->head

x->Flower
x->wish

y->Claw
y->stalker

z->Blue
z->sayer

I mean, they have a computer. Why not assign a number to each letter of the name and map from the totals divided-remaindered (%) to the number of choices?

Anyway, use the chart above to find your Warrior name. Is that fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment