Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Maxine Justice: Galactic Attorney

Maxine Justice: Galactic AttorneyMaxine Justice: Galactic Attorney by Daniel Schwabauer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was fun. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a light read.

I picked up the book because I was looking for another author's book on the same shelf in the library. I started reading and then had to check it out to continue. I got through most of it quickly, then finished it a week later in pretty much one sitting.

I liked the humor. I was afraid this playful-book-by-an author-I'd-never-read would become disappointing, but it did not.

I worried about what seemed at first to be a dystopian setting, but it didn't become oppressive.

sort of spoiler:

The characters gained depth. The ending was good, not disappointing as I had feared. The writer wrote the character into a mess, and got her out in a satisfying way.


I would read the sequel, if any are forthcoming. And I'll look for the author's previous works.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment