- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB butter
- 1 diced onion (I used red tonight)
- 2/3 package mushrooms, thinly sliced & chopped (baby bella)
- 3 TB flour (1 www, 2 a-p)
- 3 cups milk (I'm really just guessing at quantities)
- shake in some worcestershire sauce
- shake in some tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (e.g. parmesan-gouda)
- fresh ground pepper
Melt butter in olive oil (or use all butter or all olive oil).
Add the diced onions & sauté.
Add 3 tablespoons flour, stir, let brown for a minute or less.
Add chopped mushrooms. Stir.
Add 1 cup of the milk and stir. Then gradually add the rest.
Cook for a few minutes.
Shake in the worcestershire and tamari.
Thicken with the grated cheese, then the potato flakes.
Cook long enough to melt the potato flakes.
Season to taste.