- Add hierarchical or other better means of organizing apps, instead of having them all on pages and pages
- Let there be different user accounts for email and selections of favorite apps. I don't need security between them, but a quick way to say which user you are and then see a different set of app screens and books and email accounts would be useful. Even if a single user wants to organize himself into several virtual users--e.g. My Business Self, My Fiction Self, My Art Self, My Fashion Self...
- Include a stylus. It's really hard to do fine-detail drawing or pointing (e.g. selecting that space between letters to fix a typo) without one.
- How about a shape that's easier to grasp?
- How about a tablet that comes with the protective cover?
- Do some usability studies. See what confuses people in the interface.
- Improve touch-typing on the screen.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Wanna compete with Apple? Stop copying the iPad.
The iPad is nice, but--at least for me--it never feels like that smooth and beautiful experience I see on the TV commercials. It's hard to use it without wishing for improvements. How about: