Thursday, November 30, 2023

2023-10-24 OK I broke down and bought a burr grinder

It was on sale.

I couldn't get the Aeropress to impress me. So maybe a burr grinder would elevate my coffee experience. Everyone said it made a big big difference.

I had good Peet's coffee, though it was dark roast, which used to be my favorite but the coffee experts pshaw at dark roast.

I did use a lower temperature for the dark roast, like the coffee experts said to do.

25 October: First day with 1zepresso J Manual Grinder.

I tried using the Aeropress spoon to measure beans but then I added more than would fit in spoon,

Grinding took a long time. Coffee came out too fine. The hot water wouldn't go through filter, even after poured the unhappy mixture into my regular filter that fits over a measuring cup. (OK, it's a standard paper filter that would fit a Mister Coffee, and that fits on top of a frozen-soup container into which I punched many holes long long ago. It did make decent drip coffee.)

I looked at 1zeropress website again. The first step is to find zero. I think I found zero, then moved the grind adjuster 42 clicks at least.

I'll see how it goes next time: but use fewer beans in Aeropress spoon.

On last small small container* of coffee too.

No I'm not going to buy a scale. Not yet. Maybe the one we have will work. It needs a battery.


*(To keep coffee from going bad in the long time it takes me to use it up, I have started to portion the contents of each newly purchased bag into a number of small plastic containers, which I put in the freezer. That way, I'm not opening the same container of frozen coffee numerous times.)


No comments:

Post a Comment